Lorraine Ryan from Knockroe in the parish of Kiltullagh Killimordaly raised the O’Duffy Cup high in the air as crowds of supporters cheered on. As Captain, Lorraine has led the Galway Ladues to victory in the All-Ireland Senior Camoige title beating Kilkenny at Croke Park on Sunday, September 15th 2013.
A great day for the parish as Laura Mitchell togged out is No. 20, where her Galway Team lifted the Jack McGrath Cup, winning the All-Ireland Intermediates. Frank Duane is the Vice Chairman of the County Camogie Board and Sponsor of the Galway Camogie Intermediate Championship.
Lorraine Ryan (left holding cup) from Killimordaly. Picture via Galway Advertiser.
Galway Camogie Homecoming PLAN – Monday 16th september 2013
- 2pm Supermacs O’Connell Street, Dublin
- 3pm Leave Dublin
- 4.30pm Arrive Athlone – Cross the River Shannon (Reception on Connacht Side of Bridge)
- 5.30pm – Arrive St. Michael’s Square Ballinasloe
- 6pm – Haydens Hotel for Dinner
- 7.30pm – Lough Rea Hotel & Spa
- 8.30pm – Cappataggle GAA Pitch
- 9pm – Ward’s Ballyfa
- 9.30pm – Final Stop For Today – The Earl Inn, Raford (Killimordaly)
Times Subject to Change